Free access to Art History Research
One of the ways the library is providing additional support during the Covid-19 lockdowns, is facilitating access to online resources that publishers have made freely available on a temporary basis.
This is in addition to our subscribed content for students and staff to use. Many will be withdrawn by publishers in due course, but we hope this access will help through this difficult period.
A resource that may be useful for our art and design students is Art History Research which you can access from our temporary resources page.
The following description is given on the Art History Research web pages:
Art History Research net is an art history research service consisting of five related and linked databases:
- ReView – Contains the full text of a wide range of International Art and Architecture journals published between the 1860s and the 1930s
- Arts + Architecture Profiles – Contains biographical data on nearly 45,000 artists, architects, designers and craftspeople
- Design Abstracts Retrospective – Contains abstracts of articles and an index of images in design journals published between 1900-1986
- Research Sources: 1: British & Irish Architecture and Decorative and Applied Arts 1850s to the 1930s – This is an ongoing project to digitize every book, exhibition catalogue, pamphlet and conference paper, as well as much of the journal literature published in Britain and Ireland during the late nineteenth century and early years of the twentieth century
- Research Sources: 2. The Poster – Contains extensive research data on the history of the Poster
Have an explore to see if there is anything in this resource which will help you with your studies and research. We currently only have access until April 2021, so make the most of it whilst we have it!