Heritage Open Days 11-20 September
Check out the Heritage Open Days locally this September!
They provide excellent opportunities to explore heritage of all kinds in the region – this year the open days take place over a period of 10 days and also includes a range of virtual visits and online tours.
Pick the day you want to go exploring or the location you want to explore – get searching!
Push your boundaries, check out places you’ve never been to. For example:
- 100 years of the Durham coast
- Bishopwearmouth architectural walking tour
- Durham Cathedral – daily livestreams
- Go behind the scenes at Holy Trinity Church, Sunderland on their virtual tour
- Hidden Nature – 10 curious items from Newcastle University Special Collections
- Mighty Wurlitzer Theatre Pipe Organ virtual visits