Job Interview Preparation with SONRU Video Interviewing.
Video interviewing has increased dramatically in the last five years and 42% of graduate employers are now using this as a method of recruitment.
If you are planning to look for work once you have finished your course, you may well be asked to do a video interview.
We highly recommend that you prepare for future interviews by doing some practice first. Here at the University of Sunderland in London we have teamed up with SONRU, the global leader in interviewing software, to help you develop the skills you need in a safe environment before you do it for real.
What will this involve?
- a discussion on the types of job roles and industries you are interested in working for
- you will be sent a link through SONRU and through this, will be asked a range of questions
- you will need a webcam or mobile device which enables you to record
- the link will then be sent back to the careers service
- we will organise a feedback session with you to discuss any changes or improvements
If you would like to do a SONRU video interview, please contact the Careers Service by either calling in to the Careers Office on the fourth floor or emailing: email@example.com
If you’d like to know more, here is a blog post by Adam Gretton from SONRU: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/keeping-up-jones-adam-gretton
Our intern cohorts at the University of Sunderland in London
Applications for internships are now closed but we will be recruiting for a new cohort of interns 2018. Please look out for information on your university emails, social media and Canvas.
The University of Sunderland in London offers internships in various business areas. In the past these have included:
- Student Administration
- Events Coordination
Our internships are an opportunity to understand how the university operates, working on a specific project in your business area whilst undertaking the everyday tasks of your department. Our internships are:
- 12 weeks full-time
- Paid London living wage of £9.75 p.h
- Open to all students but you must be available to work full-time
If you wish to apply for an internship with us, you will need to complete an application form. These will be available on Canvas and will be sent out by email when the recruitment campaign begins.
Applications for the current Digital Media Marketing course are now closed. We will running the course again in 2018 so please look out for further information on social media and your university emails.
Our first cohort of students on the Digital Media Marketing course, May 2017
The course will cover:
- The Digital Landscape: An Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO); Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Email and Mobile Marketing
- Social Media Marketing: Strategy, Content, Research, Blogging
- Keys Channels: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google Plus, You Tube, Pinterest
- Google Analytics & AdWords
- Facebook Insights & other social media analytics
It is aimed at those interested in a career in marketing, those planning to start their own business, or anyone who has a passion for learning about digital and social media.
The course is free and open to all students on all courses. We ask that you fully commit to the 8 week course and make every effort to attend each session.
Having spent over 22 years working in London magazine and web publishing, many in senior director roles, David now runs the boutique digital marketing agency Terra Ferma Media in Wimbledon. With clients ranging from NHS trusts to Bear Grylls, Terra Ferma Media specialises in website development, social media consultancy and content creation.
David is a strong communicator with an excellent track record of successfully delivering digital marketing lectures and workshops to business owners across London.
You can connect with David on LinkedIn here.