Business Source Elite provides full text access to over 11,000 full-text journals and abstracts for business, marketing, management, finance and related subject areas. More than 10,000 substantial company profiles for the world’s largest companies are also available in full text, published by MarketLine.
Passport is a global market research database providing statistics, analysis, reports, surveys and breaking news on industries, countries and consumers worldwide.
It is a valuable and well respected source of information for your assignments, dissertations and research projects across a wide variety of Sunderland Business School modules.
You can search Passport for:
- Detailed analysis of consumer and industrial markets around the world across 781 cities, 210 countries, and 27 industries with historic data from 1997 and forecasts through 2020. Passport data is completely cross-country comparable.
- Industry analysis across fast moving consumer goods and services, including market performance, market size, company and brand shares and profiles of leading companies and brands
- Industrial makeup of the world’s largest economies, examining business to business economic influences and the forces behind strategy development, production and supply chains, economic modeling and forecasting, econometrics, data mining, scenario planning, urban economics and wealth distribution.
- Data and analysis on consumer lifestyles, population trends, and socioeconomic analysis for every country, lifestyle and consumer type down to the city level
- Timely commentary on factors influencing the global, regional and local business environment
- Surveys exploring consumer opinions, attitudes and behaviours.
The Emerald Management database includes over 35,000 full-text academic journal articles with archives going back to 1994. Subject coverage spans all business disciplines including strategy, leadership, marketing, human resource management and accountancy.
IBISWorld provides industry intelligence that analyses the environment of over 400 UK industries using the five-digit level of the UK Standard Industrial Classification (UKSIC).
Each industry report provides detailed performance data and analysis on the market, supply chain, operating strengths and weaknesses, external drivers, major player market strategies, industry profit and cost structure benchmarks.
Journal articles are authoritative resources and are particularly good for current and specialised research. Most of the journal articles you will want to access will be available electronically. You can search for journal articles in thousands of journals at the same time using a database such as the search tool on the Library’s homepage.
A list of freely available resources identified by your liaison librarian including professional associations, industry and government reports, statistics and online magazines for business students.
Something missing? Send your suggestions to your liaison librarian.
Newsstream from Proquest contains online full-text access to UK regional, national and broadsheet newspapers as well as many top international titles. Coverage goes back as far as the 1980s for some publications but this varies by titles. Access Newsstream via A-Z Databases
Other ideas on how to research the news can be found here.