Exhibition catalogues by university staff
The Library has an excellent collection of exhibition catalogues from many major galleries and are a great resource to help you discover artists and their work.
Catalogues often include an artist statement where you can read about how it speaks about their work and how the artist makes their work. Exploring the catalogues enable you to see what work artists have exhibited and how they have exhibited, which could provide inspiration for your own exhibitions.
We have art and design catalogues by past and present university staff including:
- Bodman, Virginia (2000) Between: drawing from the landscape
- Collier, Mike (2015) Ghosts of the restless shore: space, place and memory of the Sefton Coast
- Graham, Beryl (1996) Serious games: art, interaction and technology
- Hutchinson, James (no date) New mapping at the University of Sunderland Vardy Gallery
- Ling, Manny (2018) Crossing boundaries: the calligraphic work of Manny Ling
The exhibition catalogues are located on the upper level of the Murray Library (shelved at 700) allowing you to browse the shelves by artist name. Use the Library Catalogue to locate them, refining your search results by Exhibition Catalogues. You can search by the artist, gallery, title of the exhibition or by keyword (e.g. David Hockney, Tate Gallery or Sensation: young British artists from the Saatchi Collection).
Watch our short video to find out more.