Musicals – here we go!
We have loads of books in the library which explore the multi-faceted nature of musicals. Whether you’re acting in a musical, involved in producing one, or are part of a band providing the music, we have lots of resources you could consult to inform your professional practice.
- Berry (2018) Auditioning for musical theatre
- Brockes (2007) What would Barbra do? How musicals can change your life
- Cohan (2010) The sound of musicals
- Cohan (2002) Hollywood musicals: the film reader
- Lewis (2002) Broadway musicals: a hundred year history
- Osatinski (2019) Disney theatrical productions: producing Broadway musicals the Disney way
- Purdy (2020) Flop musicals of the twenty-first century: how they happened, when they happened (and what we’ve learned)
- Stilwell (2000) Musicals: Hollywood and beyond
- White (2019) Staging musicals: an essential guide