Celebrating Black History month – explore our collections
Black History Month takes place in the UK during October.
To mark this event, here are a selection of resources from our library collections to encourage you to explore issues being raised in relation to this month within art, design and performing arts.
- Carles and Comolli (2015) Free jazz/black power
- Henderson and Drake (2020) Are you entertained? Black popular culture in the twenty-first century
- Lack (2020) Global art
- Laing and Wilson (2020) Revisiting the gaze, the fashioned body and the politics of looking
- Manning, Schneider and Ross (2020) Futures of dance studies
- Okiji (2018) Jazz as critique: Adorno and black expression revisited
- Peddie (2020) The Bloomsbury handbook of popular music and social class
- Way (2021) Black designers in American fashion