Heritage Open Days 10-19th September
Check out the Heritage Open Days locally this September!
They provide excellent opportunities to explore heritage of all kinds in the region – this year the open days take place over a period of 10 days.
Pick the day you want to go exploring or the location you want to explore – get searching!
Push your boundaries, check out places you’ve never been before! For example:
- Bowes Railways Tours, Springwell village
- Guided walk – foraging for useful edibles – Broompark, Durham
- St Columbas Church – Roman Basilica architecture and works of James Eadie-Reid – Sunderland
- The Old Rectory, Houghton Le Spring – heritage and street art
- A virtual walk around old Ryhope
- Washington Old Hall – including a brand new art installation by artists Lindsey Mendick and Dominic Watson
- …… and lots more!