Hello to our new art and design PhD students
New research students often say questions like ‘how do I get started with my PhD’, ‘how do I go about my literature review’ and much more.
We have an excellent collection of books in the University Library to help you with this.
- Check out our list of recommended resources to help with your writing activities.
- In his welcome to our new PhD students in the Faculty of Arts & Creative Industries, Kevin Petrie (Head of School ofArt and Design) recommended Rugg (2010) The unwritten rules of PhD research
- In the same session Beryl Graham (Professor of New Media Art) recommended Estelle Phillips’ book How to get a PhD.
- Both of these books are available as ebooks – consult our FAQs if you need any help accessing ebooks or chat with us on Library Talk.
If you’d like to get started with using the University Library, apply for a Research Buddy today. We can match you up with one of our Academic Liaison Librarian team to:
- have an informal chat about your research with one of our librarians.
- have a refresher on what research support the library can offer.
- get expert advice on advanced literature searching.
- gain advice on keeping up to date with research in your field.