Additional Temporary Resources for Health Sciences and Wellbeing
Whilst the library buildings are closed your subject librarians have been securing extra resources to help you with your studies and research. The additional temporary resources are available online and you will need to log on to them using your University ID and password.
These are the resources that are currently available for all Health Science and Wellbeing staff and students, click on the title to access:
- Academic Collection – a collection of academic eBooks from Ebsco, sign in with your University username and password. Browse by category or enter your search terms in the search box and refine your search by using the filters on the left hand side or go to Advanced Search – the interface should be familiar as it is the same as library search.
- Access Medicine – textbooks, videos, tools and other resources for medical students and practitioners from McGraw-Hill Education.
- Cambridge Core Textbooks – HTML e textbooks from Cambridge Core. Click on Institutional login, select University of Sunderland from the drop down menu and log in with your University ID and password.
Once successfully logged in browse by subject – includes Chemistry, General Science, Medicine & Psychology.
You may also browse the Coronavirus Free Access Collection
- Clinical Key: Nursing and Midwifery – an interactive education platform with tools tailored to develop and assess the medical knowledge of aspiring professionals. Users are required to create a personal profile to access any content on the site. A personal profile also enables users to use Bookshelf (with highlighting, note-making, and bookmarking functionality), share notes/highlighting, and export notes to OneNote. When accessing for the first time choose the ‘log in via your institution’ option and then type University of Sunderland into the search box.
- Clinical Key: Medicine and Pharmacy – as above.
- Covid-19 Resources – FREE access to resources to help research on the novel Coronavirus, Covid-19. This blog links to some of the best offers from well-known and respected publishers and content providers.
- Kortext eBooks – Click on links from a list of e textbooks requested to support your study. You will be able to choose up to 6 books per publisher from the list. Use the drop down filter list to search by subject.
- Science Direct eBooks – free access to over 3,000 eBooks in the Health Sciences.
Log in with your University username and password, and on the ‘Browse books and journals’ page use the filters on the left hand side of the screen to select Publication type, tick ‘Books’ and Access type tick ‘Subscribed and complimentary’. This gives access to over 26,000 eBooks.
To refine your search by subject, select from the drop down menu next to Domain and refine your search further by selecting your subject area from Subdomain
A list of all additional temporary resources available during the Covid-19 period can be found at: