Extra library opening during the winter vacation this year!
The Library team and our University Security team have worked collaboratively with the SU to support the nursing cohort and all of our students with extra library opening during the winter vacation this year:
- This December the libraries are open longer than ever in response to student feedback particularly from our nursing and pharmacy cohorts – The Murray library is open until 2am and St Peter’s Library is open until midnight right up until Sunday 22nd December.
- During university closure days (which begin on the 23rd December) St Peter’s Library remains open 10-6pm and The Murray Library will be open 11am-8pm. The Murray Library is opening later and longer this year on the winter vacation closure days to support nurses and students in a range of subject areas who have let us know that opening a bit later in the day suits their working patterns.
- The libraries are closed only on 3 occasions over the winter vacation: Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
- From 2nd Jan The Murray Library is then open until 2am again and St Peter’s Library is open until midnight as in term time
- Both libraries are then open 24/7 from 6th January 2020 – 24th Jan to cover the busy winter exam and January hand in period.
Opening hours for The Murray Library and St Peter’s Library are available to view online here: https://library.sunderland.ac.uk/about-us/opening-hours/). We hope this helps everyone studying over the vacation – please keep letting us know all of the feedback and comments you have: https://librarytalk.sunderland.ac.uk/