Media students asked for it, we bought it!
Last year, the library ran a project where we purchased books suggested by students and staff. Media and Communications students made several suggestions of what to buy and I thought I would let you know what those titles are and where you can find them in the library. Recognize one that you suggested? You’re welcome!
Media Communications and Culture students
- Higgins, Michael, et al., eds (2010). The Cambridge Companion to Modern British Culture. Cambridge University Press.
- Cassell, J., & Jenkins, H. (Eds.). (2000). From barbie to mortal kombat: Gender and computer games Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press.
- Wolf, M. J. P., & Perron, B. (Eds.). (2016). The Routledge companion to video game studies (First published in paperback). New York London: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group.
- Isbister, K. (2017). How games move us: Emotion by design. Cambridge, Massachusetts: The MIT Press.
- Skolnick, E. (2014). Video game storytelling: What every developer needs to know about narrative techniques. Berkeley: Watson-Guptill.
- Fernández-Vara, C. (2019). Introduction to game analysis New York, NY: Routledge.
- McCann, B. (2010). Encyclopedia of African American actresses in film and television. Jefferson, N.C: McFarland & Co
Sports Journalism student
- Ferguson, Alex (2017) Managing My Life: My Autobiography. Hodder & Stoughton LTD.
MA Public Relations student
- Singleton, Alex (2014). The PR Masterclass: How to Develop a Public Relations Strategy That Works! Wiley.
- Williams, R. (2016). Post-object fandom: Television, identity and self-narrative. New York: Bloomsbury Academic.
MA Radio student
- Hesmondhalgh, D. (2018). The cultural industries (4th edition). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
MA Film & Cultural Studies students
- Walker, J. (2017). Contemporary British horror cinema: Industry, genre and society. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press.
- Leonard, S. (2009). Fatal attraction. Chichester, U.K. ; Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Packer, S. (2012). Cinema’s sinister psychiatrists: From Caligari to Hannibal. Jefferson, N.C: McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers.
Check out the complete list of items added to the library collection for the Faculty of Arts & Creative Industries.