CoLab Sunderland Summer Showcase
The CoLab Sunderland Summer Showcase celebrating the culmination of our first CoLab Sunderland experimental programme takes place this evening 5:15pm-8:00pm – Living Lab, Science Complex & Priestman Gallery. Go to the Eventbrite page to book your place: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/colab-sunderland-summer-showcase-tickets-63648752131
This free event brings together five successful #ArtSci collaborative R&D commissions, delivered by academic colleagues from Faculty of Arts and Creative Industries (FACI) and Faculty of Health, Science and Wellbeing (FHSW).
Together, FACI and FHSW provide a unique opportunity for artistic and creative explorations of fundamental and applied sciences, including pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences, biological and medical sciences, primary care, public health and physical and psychological health.
Experimental R&D commissions:
• Insulin at Teatime by John Kefala-Kerr in collaboration with Dr Kathryn King
• Digital Nourishment: Building Health Communities by Jenny Wotherspoon
• Exploring Experience in the Edgelands by Prof Mike Collier, Kathryn Thompson and Jenny Goodfellow in collaboration with Dr Diane Westwood
• A Cook Book – The Journey Beyond Bariatric Surgery by Prof Arabella Plouviez in collaboration with Dr Yitka Graham
• Pod-Co-Lab: Podcasting Across Disciplines by Dr Richard Berry, Dr Caroline Mitchell and Jay Sykes, in collaboration with John Mooney
You can find out more about the projects at the Co/Lab Sunderland website: https://colabsunderland.co.uk/
Research published by academic staff from the University is available in our open access research repository, SURE: https://sure.sunderland.ac.uk/