New Books: Student Suggestions
Thanks to all students who have suggested books for the library to buy! The Library has been running the ‘Suggest a Book to buy‘ service all year to enable students and staff to recommend titles that you need in your studies. We’ve had quite a few excellent suggestions from 3 students studying tourism, hospitality & events subjects and we wanted to update you on what we’ve bought.
- The Future of Events & Festivals by Yeoman, I. et.al. (Published 2014)
This title is on the reading list for TLH107 so we have bought print copies and an ebook.
- The Literature Review: Six Steps to Success by Machi, L..A. & McEvoy, B.T. (Published 2016)
This title will be relevant for students on many modules but particularly TLH219 (MICE) and dissertation modules.
- The Introverted Leader: Building on Your Quiet Strength by Kahnweiler, J.B. (Published 2018)
- Celebrating Quiet Leader: Uplifting Stories of Introverted Leaders Who Changed History by Kumar, P. (Published 2015)
- Success as an introvert for dummies by Pastor, J. (Published 2013)
- I am an introvert: The Power of Introverts and Introverted Leadership by Moore, J. (Published 2017)
These suggestions from Event Management students will be particularly useful for TLH255 (Exploring HRM in the Service Sector) and TLH342 (Leadership and Management for the Service Sector)