Libraries Week 8th-13th October
This year the focus of Libraries Week is wellbeing and how libraries across all sectors contribute to community, provide a safe place for reading and creativity and support users with their mental health.
Did you know..?
- Research shows that library users have higher life satisfaction, happiness and sense of purpose in life compared to non-users
- Being a regular library user is also associated with good general health. When valued medically, library engagement saves the NHS just under £30 million a year
- Research has indicated that reading fiction is associated with higher levels of empathy and improved relationships with others
- Reading for pleasure has been linked to a reduction in stress, the symptoms of depression and the risk of developing dementia in later life
- 76% of adults say reading improves their life and the same number says it helps to make them feel good.
Infographic, facts and figures from https://www.librariesweek.org.uk/facts/
Visit your University Library this week to discover the range of services and resources available.
Use the library webpages to search for services and support https://library.sunderland.ac.uk/
Follow us on Twitter for library updates, news and more Follow @uniofsunlib