Accessing resources that aren’t online
Off campus – find resources that aren’t online
We will try to obtain book chapters or journal articles that you need when they are not available electronically.
Before you make any requests make sure you have checked to see whether the title you need is available online:
- If it is a book, check if it is available as an ebook. If the title you need is available as an ebook you will be able to access it immediately with your University User ID and password.
- If it is a journal article, check if it is available online. If searching for the article title does not display the article you require, try searching for the journal title. If a print version is available you will be linked to the library catalogue so that you can check the subscription range.
If the title you require is not available within our subscriptions we will try and obtain all or parts of it for you. We will comply with copyright which means you can request:
- one journal article from an issue of a journal
- one chapter or ten percent of a book.
Making a request
- Click here to open the off Campus Document Delivery Request Form. You will need to login with your University user ID and password. See video below for guidance
- Fill in the details providing as much information as you can.
- You must give your University email address.
How will the book chapter or article be delivered?
If we have the material you require in stock we will copy and post or email it to you. If we do not have the material in stock we will request it from the British Library through interlibrary loan. We will always send the material to your University of Sunderland email address.
If you are an undergraduate you may request 25 interlibrary loans each academic year free of charge. If you are a postgraduate student you may request 65 interlibrary loans each academic year, free of charge.
How long will my request take?
We will try and obtain the material for you within 7-14 days, however this is dependent on whether we have the article in stock or need to request an interlibrary loan. If we have the material in stock we will need to wait until the item is available (it may be on loan).
If you have any queries we are available 24/7 through LibraryTalk