New Market research database – IBISWorld
Excellent news! University Library and Study Support Services now subscribes to the IBISWorld database. Students and staff researching tourism, hospitality and events will find this resource really valuable in terms of understanding the operating conditions and long-term outlook of both major and niche industries and markets.
T.H.E. industries covered include the hotel and accommodation industries, food service industries, entertainment industries (such as pubs, nighclubs etc), and Museums and cultural activities. Our coverage includes UK industry data, over 200 China Industry Reports and 75 Global Industry Reports.
Each report covers industry performance, products and markets, major companies, key statistics and more.
- IBISWorld reports contain easy to download graphs and tables which can be included and referenced in your assignments and projects.
- Table data can be exported directly into Excel with the click of a button.
- Full reports are available to download as a pdf but you can also view sections of the reports online
IBISWorld data is a great source of information for SWOT, PESTLE and Porter’s Five Forces analysis.The site is really easy to navigate.
IBISWorld also have a range of online tutorials to help you get the most out of this key information resource, or book a 1-2-1 with your Academic Liaison Librarian.
How do you access IBISWorld?
- Go to the Library website and click on the ‘Databases A-Z link
- Log in with your University User ID and password if prompted
- IBISWorld in the alphabetical list