Library collections are moving….how will this affect you?
There will be a number of teaching building changes taking place across campus during early 2017. This means that books and other library resources will be rearranged to ensure that the materials you need are closest to where you will be taught. Work will begin on 12th December and will be completed by the beginning of semester 2. The majority of resources will be moved during the University vacation and inter-semester break.
The subject resources that will move to another library are:
Psychology: the entire collection will move from St. Peter’s Library to The Murray Library
Education, Languages, Social Sciences, English, History, Politics: a selection of in demand, core resources will move from The Murray Library to St. Peter’s Library. Wider reading will remain at The Murray Library.
Both libraries will be rearranged during this time to accommodate the move and some subject collections will be unavailable for short periods of time.
To get the best out of your library:
- Make the most of available e-book versions
- Plan ahead to borrow the books you need
- Reserve any books you need that are already on loan
- Search the catalogue to find the location number of the books you need
- Ask for staff help online and in the library – we are always here to support you
To support you during this work we will:
- Increase e-book access wherever possible
- Enable you to borrow an extra 5 items
- Keep you informed about the availability of your resources as they are relocated through online posts and book shelf signage
The image below shows the planned location of your resources which will be in place by the end of January.
See the Library Twitter and Facebook account @uniofsunlib, the Library webpage and signage in our library buildings for updates on the relocation of your subject resources. If you have any questions contact us 24/7 using Library Talk.