This year we’ve bought 62 new ebooks for arts, design and performing arts but why are we investing in ebooks? Here are our top 5 reasons why ebooks are great.
1. ebooks are online library books available wherever you are in the world at any time, day or night. You can borrow or download the whole book for 24 hours as many times as you like so even if you will be without an internet connection, you can still read the book.
2. There is no limit to the amount of ebooks you can borrow and read, so they can be used to supplement your 15 book borrowing limit.
3. Lots of people can read the same ebook at the same time. You don’t have to reserve the book or wait for it to be returned making them especially useful for essential texts.
4. You can search the content of ebooks. Searching in ebooks is a great way to to find the exact information that you are looking for.
5. You can save and print extracts or add notes just like a post-it, download them for later or keep them on the ebook forever.
For help getting started with ebooks visit the Skills for Learning webpages