Welcome from the Chair of ICAutoC 2018
We are pleased to announce the 2nd International Conference on Automotive Composites. After the success of the first edition ICAutoC 2016, the second edition to be held in Azores will serve as a open forum to bring together and to disseminate knowledge between academics/researchers and industry practitioners. It will be a forum for engineers and applied scientists engaged in composite materials within automotive vehicles to contribute to the field and to disseminate technical information.
ICAutoC 2018 focuses on advanced composites (FRPs, reinforced thermoplastics, carbon-based composites and many others) and how they are designed, processed and utilized in automotive vehicles. It will include technical sessions on advanced composites in vehicle design/analysis and intends to cover all phases of composites design, analysis, modelling, testing, manufacturing and failure analysis. It is also expected to shed light on the performance of existing composites and future developments in automotive materials technology. The term, ‘automotive’, includes passenger cars, sport utility vehicles, vans, trucks, buses and recreational vehicles.
The topics covered by the conference include (but are not limited to):
- Technology developments and applications
- Innovative materials, smart composites
- Repair, recycling and promising process technologies
- Morphing and dynamics
- New lightweight composites for safer, energy-efficient and greener vehicles
- Challenges regarding safety and comfort
- Crashworthiness and failure analysis
- Hybrid composites for structural applications
- Polymer, metal, ceramic matrix and graphene-based composites
- Composites manufacturing processes within vehicle components
- Design and modelling methodologies
- Durability of automotive components
- Simulations of composites behaviour; experimental methods
- Thermal problems in composite structures
- Advanced solutions for processing and automation
Selected papers will also be considered for publication in special journal issues of the International Journal of Automotive Composites.
ICAutoC 2018: Special Symposium
The focus of ICAutoC is to cover all aspects of technology related to Automotive Composites. In addition, and starting form this edition, ICAutoC2018 will produce new SPECIAL symposiums, alongside the main Automotive Composites Theme, providing a unique opportunity for discussion on the opportunities and challenges ahead for automotive industry.
The special symposium for this edition is Automotive Structures.
We hope the community will share this enthusiasm and help making this 2nd edition a success – for many to come in the future.
Chairman of the International Conference on Automotive Composites
Founding Editor-in-Cheif of International Journal on Automotive Composites
Ahmed Elmarakbi, BSc, MASc, PhD, CEng, MIMechE
Professor of Automotive Composites
School of Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing
University of Sunderland,