Great news! You now have access to University of Sunderland Library e-resources, where licences allow. You will need your Sunderland User ID and password.
If you have not yet applied for access to University of Sunderland e-resources access, please click here to find out how you may do so.
You have been sent a User ID and password which you will need to access Sunderland e-resources.
There are two ways to access resources:
- By logging into Discover and searching. You will be able to access the full text of an article if the licence permits. Remember that access for partner tutors is limited to a subset of resources.
- By going directly to an individual database, logging in and searching.
Watch our welcome video below to help you get started (approx 5 mins).
What can I access?
Teaching staff and librarians at partner colleges have access to the following subset of e-resources, where licences allow:
I’m a partner tutor. Can I access ebooks?
Unfortunately we are not able to provide access to library e-books, to partner staff. You have access to the databases listed above which includes a range of other information including journals and market research.
What can students access?
Students registered on University of Sunderland programmes have full access to all e-resources.
Library training for partner staff
There are a series of guides and videos about using library e-resources that you may find useful. These are available through the Skills for Learning web pages.
You can also schedule one-to-one or group online training with the Distance Services Librarian, who will be happy to demonstrate the resources and answer your questions. To arrange an online training session contact the Distance Services Librarian, Leanne Young.
University of Sunderland Library staff are here to support students at your institution who are studying on Sunderland programmes.
- participate in student induction (for example using Skype);
- provide libray induction materials including videos and powerpoint slides)
- provide library skills sessions to students online that are tailored to specific programmes
- 24/7 help via LiveChat
Visit the Library web page for partner staff for more information about this and the other ways we can support your teaching.
Students at the University of Sunderland have full electronic access to the library and a range of dedicated support services. Check the web pages for distance learning students for more information.