Therapeutic Parenting (1)

TP1

Provided by: Sally Donovan, Parent representative on DfE expert steering group,

This unit will be available from the new CEL&T Website from this summer

What is included in the unit

1. a single login which will take you to the main page where you will find everything you need- including a quick access email link to the tea
  2. a series of MP4 format presentations that can playback on any device including mobile phone
  3. easy to use student handbook, available in word or pdf where you can add notes and ideas to keep these together for later use and ease of storage
  4. easy links to additional resources pertinent to the unit
  5. a listed webliography (providing additional resources for any further reading or viewing you may want to do)
  6. the option to purchase a full parchment certificate posted  to your home address from the University of Sunderland listing achievements (pdf format certificate is sent electronically as part of the unit fee
  7. support available throughout including an admin team: cape@sunderland.ac.uk alongside wendy.thorley@sunderland.ac.uk, the admin team at Cape are also available via telephone Mon-Fri- from early until 5pm

FEEDBACK FOR THIS UNIT: (thank you to everyone for letting us know your thoughts)

Begun to look at and question my current strategies for parenting my children and to examine more thoroughly why they won’t work with my son and aren’t good for my daughter either.  I have learnt some new terminology to help me understand trauma and the way it impacts upon my son’s life…I have learnt that therapeutic parenting is hard and I will have to persist at this for a long time before it becomes anything like second nature. I’m only just beginning this particular journey…(Parent)