Attachment and the impact on brain development
From taking part in this unit I feel that I have ……..
- Understood more about the different parts of the brain and the impact of trauma on the responses and development of the brain (and what exactly is going on in the brain to cause certain responses in children)
- Understood more about the different types of attachment and the importance of a secure attachment on learning and managing in school.
- Developed an awareness of helpful strategies that can be used to support learners who do not have a secure attachment.
- Developed an awareness that different behaviours in the classroom can be a consequence of different types of insecure attachment and that there is a need to look deeper than the surface behaviour or than the child’s learning abilities.
- Reflected more on some of the children who I work with and thought about how their behaviour and presentation in the classroom is influenced by their attachment style.
- Developed an interest in learning more about these issues and in particular implementing the strategies recommended.